Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happiness 22

Movies with friends!

I had been interested in the new movie, Bridesmaids. It is described as "charmingly raunchy." Sounds just like me, right? I went with my friends from the gym. They are crazy, and loud, and funny, and I love them. So they were the perfect company for such a show.

I laughed, and laughed, and blushed throughout the movie. I am ready to see it again, it was that funny.

Kristin Wig, from SNL, is amazing, and you really feel connected to her character, in some way or another. However, the show would not have been the same without Megan, played by Melissa McCarthy. I remember her best from Gilmore Girls. She owned her role. I recently read a story about her, where she said, "I am not defined by weight." I love that in this movie, she was a confident and funny woman, and especially not defined by her weight.

Don't be fooled, this show is very crass and not for everyone. I think the group in front of us, may have been in shock the entire movie. But the rest of the theatre was rolling in laughter.