6 months later, I am grateful for...
*My larger kitchen. For years, I have wanted enough room that my girls could cook with me. Now we do it daily. Steve bought me this lovely red Kitchen Aid mixer for my birthday. It took him weeks to talk me into keeping it, since I thought it was a splurge. Now, I use it all the time and it makes baking so much easier.
Peter is writing by phonetics. He colored this picture for Steve, and we love how he sounded out his (Steve or SDV's) name.
*My friend Kelly. She is like the big sister I never had. She was one of the first to build in Daybreak. She checks in on me all the time to make sure I am alright, and is always there with a special something when things are not so great. I hope one day I can be just as great back to her.
*Visiting Teachers. My visiting teachers have turned into great friends, and isn't that the whole purpose of the program? They have made sure to visit, help me with children, listen and share concerns. The first of December when I was in a rut, they came up to me at a party. They had smiles on their faces and looked at each other, when Liz said, "Have you told Sarah the surprise yet?" They wanted to take me to lunch for my birthday. I had to hold back the tears, I was so touched. They had remembered my birthday before hand, and made it known that they cared for me.
*The children's happiness. They have all found great friends. Maggie has a BFF, Addy, and a frienemy (friend & enemy) that would be a boy in our ward and her school class. He chases her home from school and then shows up with a crocheted necklace he made himself for her. I went to high school with his dad, so it makes it all the funnier to me.
Just for fun I wanted to post this (below) picture.
On Sunday morning, before Steve and I had even gotten out of bed, Maggie walked into our room ready for church. If Steve was standing, he probably would have passed out. His little girl in fish net stockings and high heels.
After 6 months, I thought many situations in our life would be different, and that makes me sad. But we plug along doing the best we can. The list I have included is not long. Of course I am grateful for so many other thing, these were just the few that popped into my mind without any thought.