Tuesday, January 31, 2012

oh, no they DIDN'T!!!

Steve came home from work yesterday,to find my friend knocking on our door. She had been knocking for a long time. (Our kids are best friends, so they come to my house after school some days, until she gets home from work.) I had just walked two houses down to drop Rachel off at a friends, and ended up talking for quite sometime. None of the kids answered the door.

As Steve and my friend walked into the house, they immediately saw Peter behind a chair with a whip cream can. He was trying to eat the cream, but was not holding it upside down, so the only thing happening was air blowing into his mouth. He was getting high off the whip cream!

"Where is mom?" Steve asks Peter.
"I don't know."

Then Luke walks in the door from a friends, and Steve asks Luke where I am. Same response-"I don't know."

They then try to find the girls. They are in Maggie's room.
As they turn the knob to open her door, Maggie screams not to come inside.
They open the door anyway, and see Maggie's friend with her arms tied behind her back with duct tape, and duct tape across her mouth.

Wow! Do you think she will ever let her kids come over again? She said she would. ;-)

Today, the kids played at my friends house. When I went to pick them up, there was no whip cream bottle or duct tapped kids, but their was a story....

Peter had gotten really upset while playing the Wii with his friend. He dropped a few swear words. Maggie then told the parents, "He learned those words from my dad. My dad used to say them a lot, but now he is trying really hard and does not say them as often."

Wow! Do you think she will ever let my kids go over their again? She said she would. ;-)

Problem is, what is wrong with my children's behavior? Peter was so upset at me the other day at Target because I would not buy him the Lego set he wanted. So he threatened me, that if I did not buy it, he would say the "D" word. Guess what happened next? He screamed "DAMMIT" in the middle of the store!

We then left.

Life is not boring around here.

Peter may be a handful, but he is so sweet. The other night, after I shut the door from tucking him in, I heard crying.
After rolling my eyes, and taking a deep breath, I asked him what the matter was:
"you did not tell me you love me. I can't sleep without you telling me that you love me. I won't have happy dreams if you don't, and it makes me feel good inside when you tell me."

As I made chocolate chip cookies the other night,
the kids thought their reflections in the bowl were hilarious.