I am a registered Democrat. Yet, I am an open-minded Democrat who is fascinated, and disgusted at the same time, with the current Republican race and party.
We have all heard the term used over and over again, "Anyone but Mitt." The results are predicting that Newt Gingrich will win South Carolina tonight, and again the prior term rings true. It looks as if it is alright to be an adulterer, who at his political peak had a very large disapproval rating, but it is not alright to be a member of the LDS church.
People will deny it over and over that they don't want Mitt due to his religion. But lets get down to the nitty-gritty, that is exactly why they do not want him. It would just make them look prejudiced against a religion.
This should also be a wake up call to Mormons who are mostly known to be conservative right-wing Republicans. That the party you embrace does not care or think very highly of you.
Mitt Romney is the only hope for the Republican Party. If they choose not to elect him, they are digging their own grave.
I found the Friday night debate to be quite comical. Specifically the opening question geared towards Gingrich. How ironic that 13 years ago he and his party were pointing fingers at President Clinton and his affairs and now he is in the hot seat, telling the press "shame on you, for bringing this matter up."
Politics have always fascinated me, but this current debate gets my blood boiling. Mitt Romney is a very capable leader. A flip flopper is not such a bad thing. It means that a leader is looking at all information, is open minded and will admit when he is wrong and make it right.
Myself, I feel a little bit of pride when watching the news, that I don't stand in the same circle as these conservative hypocrites.