Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cory

I got to spend the day with my dear friend Cory today. Anytime you are with Cory you are happier! Just a fact.

My kids and I drove up to the old hood, to take him to therapy first. When he answered the door his shirt was on backwards AND inside-out. (Cory had a stroke in late Nov.) I did not know if I should tell him, but he already knew and did not have the strength to change it. So my first item of business was undressing and then redressing of my friend. Awesome.

We then came out to Daybreak so he could experience the "Stepford" lifestyle, complete with IN & OUT burgers for lunch. The plan was to then watch the movie IN & OUT (gays like theme's you know!) but we just wanted to talk!

My sweet friend Molly and her adorable baby came to visit too! Everyone loved holding Greta, and Molly is always a good time. ;-)




I am so proud of Cory. He has come far and is so strong. He has learned to walk again, and is getting stronger by the day. He has a goal to start teaching again in 2 months, but says he hasn't talked the doctor into that yet....I love that he has goals.

When he was in the hospital I would get odd texts from him. It turns out he thought I was his nurse. He kept apologizing that I saw him naked while helping him into the shower. Everyone kept explaining to him that it was not me-but he was insistent. When he left the hospital he said "Goodbye Sarah" to the nurse, and she snipped back, "My name is Brittani!" haha.

At dinner tonight, my kids asked "Do we get to hang out with Cory again?"