The kids have been off track for 3 weeks. We have had a lot of fun experiencing Winter like we have not been able to do before, like skiing midweek, and this week we topped it off with tubing at Soldier Hollow. Seriously the funnest activity ever! The weather was perfect, I did not even wear gloves most of the time. And everything is funner with friends-- we went with some good friends from the neighborhood.
They have 8 packed and groomed trails. The employees said the trails were unussually fast this day,so to start dragging your feet at the end.
That philosophy worked well most of the time,but on one particular run, I picked up a new tube and hooked together with Peter.
The tube was so overpumped that my legs could not reach the ground. I know-big surprise!
But we were going fast, I tried lifting my hips with pelvic thrusts so my feet could reach,
to no avail. I should also mention there is a hill at the end to slow you down. We went right over that hill, still cruising...cruised right on through the flat 20 yards of flat ground and smack into the protective netting. It was hilarious and gave Peter bragging rights.
Peter and his friends.
Worth the drive to spend a day in the mountains,
even if it was minimal snow.
After crashing through the netting,
I was told I may want to ride on my stomach so that my feet touch.
Maggie and her friend Addy.
Rachel cried, and cried the first run.
(They do not allow lap sitting-which made it a little tricky.)
I bribbed her with a new toy, and she plugged along the rest of the day
The fam-damily!
We really were never cold, but chilled inside the lodge
and had hot chocolate.
The group shot.
This seriously cracks me up.
I asked a foriegner to take this picture.
Look how much room is on the rights side, and how she
cut off some of the group.
Luke comming on down.
I have a dozen plus pictures of Peters friend in the background,
doing this same stance.
I guess the sun was in his eyes, but so funny.