Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm a Survivor!

I survived Winter Break, two weeks of kids out of school!
Hallelujah the kids are back in school today. However getting them there was not an easy feat. If you stood outside our house you might have heard yelling: "Get dressed, stop goofing off and eat your breakfast, fine have a brownie, stop crying, don't bug your brother, you just stepped on Rachel's fingers!" ect. Topping off the morning festivities were frozen doors on the van. Being the determined mom I am we found a way to get in. Where there is a will there is a way!


It really was great having the kids home and not needing to be anywhere. It was not easy though.
4 kids making messes wherever they went!
Big warm breakfasts were made, which meant more dishes to clean.
Snacks were being asked for constantly.
Play dates were being asked for constantly.
Dirty diapers were piling up quick!
Packing for the cabin.
Cleaning up throw up.
Catching up on laundry from the cabin.
Snow suits: on and off, on and off.
Not to mention the whole Christmas hullabaloo!
Unfortunately our vacation ended the same way it started. The dreaded throw ups.
Yes, I am a survivor!

2 comments:

megan said...

Oh, do I ever know what you mean! But then, the minute they all leave, I'm sad that it's all over. It's that convenient "mommy amnesia". Hope you're all doing better! We're definitely in Christmas detox mode and I think we'll be that way through January. Be strong!

Molly said...

ugh... EVERYONE has been cleaning up throw up. will it ever end? and now watch, once the stomach flu leaves... the colds will creep in:) i am sick of being sick.

you and me, bootcamp... next monday.