Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tough Economy or a Bad Decision?

After coming out of the grocery store I noticed money laying by my car. $6 if you must know. Was it mine, did I drop it? To make a long story short I picked it up, and to make me feel less guilty I handed it to Maggie. "No way, your not tricking me!" And with that said she threw it back. Scrambling I picked up the money and drove away. Why did I just take that money? I was feeling kinda guilty and trying to rationalize my action when Maggie topped it off with this response.
"Mom your like that guy who does bad things."
"Who are you talking about Maggie." I asked.
"You,know the one that tricks you into doing bad things."
"Satan?"
"Yep, your like him, and I am not going to let him trick me!"
OUCH!

So I have decided to make this wrong a right I am going to buy $6 worth of tuna and peanut butter to donate to the food drive on Saturday, along with the rest of the cans from my cupboard.

4 comments:

Molly said...

maybe i am a horrible person... but WHAT is wrong with picking up money in a parking lot??? as far as i am concerned..."lucky!"

Lizzy said...

I would have taken the money, too. And then ran away as fast as I could LOL. You're a much better person than I am!

megan said...

Sarah, I just have to say...I love your blog.

Jamie said...

So funny! I think I would have snagged it too!