Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sleep like a baby.

My little Rachel Claire, or Ray Ray, LOVES to sleep!
Ever since she was born she was a sleeper.
My friend had a baby two days after me and we always compare. While her little 3 month old was social and active, mine was sleeping.
And so it goes.
Now Rachel is almost 14 months, and she still sleeps the day away. A 4 hour nap in the morning and another 2 in the late afternoon. YES, she does sleep through the night.

This does cramp my style of being on the go, and given me a considerable amount of guilt that I can not volunteer in my children's class rooms, and so forth. But it has taught me that life goes by fast. Children grow up fast. I need to relish every moment (not that I ever do!) and being home at a slow paced life, with my children is where I need to be right now. Some days I wish I could afford a nanny, but that is not in the cards.
So for now--Nap away sweet girl!
Mothers who know do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all.
Julie Beck