Friday, April 17, 2009

St. George

This past week was Spring Break for the kids.  We decided to head South for the week where it was warmer.  I guess we did not go far enough........IT WAS FREEZING.  
We hiked the sand dunes in Snow Canyon while it was 40 degrees, and snowing!  

My brother who lives in St. George told us about this awesome park.  It rocked!  




I had many firsts on this trip.  First time eating at the Golden Coral!  Probably safe to say, my last time eating there as well.  Steve asked me what the atmosphere was like.  My reply was that it was full of elderly, hispanics, and LDS missionaries!  (Oh yeah, and our neighbors the Millars!)
 It was also my first time eating an egg mcmuffin at McDonald's.  And guess what?  I loved it!  

I also had a couple of 2's.  2 times losing my keys.  Steve says I need to staple them to my behind (although he said it not so eloquently.)  At one point we had a locksmith on his way, ready to charge us $160.  The second time I lost them hiking on the red rocks.   I also lost my son Peter 2 times.  I never realized how much he wanders off.  When we pulled up to my uncles condo (imagine rows of identical condo's ) he could not find where we all went and we could not find where he went.   Scary moment!


We were able to get a little swimming in, but not as much as we would have hoped for.  
Rachel enjoying her IN&OUT shake.  


Guess what happened on our last day?
The sun came out! At least for an hour or two.



Here we are hiking on the Red Rocks with a gun in tow.....you never know.



P.S. We have a new addition to our family. And it stinks to high hell. More details to come.

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

Are you housing reptiles? I imagine those would stink things up.

You've got to tell me the name of that park. They have a fun water park we always go to on Main St, but your park looks even better!

I have to say, I love the Golden Corral. I made John take me the last time we were there. Call me 75, but I think it's so tasty.

Luke said...

That park was awesome!

Kerri said...

Fun trip, but I'm sorry it was so darned cold. It was even COLDER at home, though. Funny that the Millars were at Golden Corral... (My kids love buffets, when they can convince us to go.)

Marti said...

Sounds like a fun, busy week.

When I was pregnant with Abby and Thomas I ate SO many of those mcmuffins...

j said...

Your first egg mcmuffin? Are you crazy?! We love them so much we went and bought an egg mcmuffin maker. Heart stoppers but gotta love em.