Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ulterior motives??

When Steve came home from work yesterday, he was motivated. Motivated to work in the yard. First on the list was mowing the lawn. After awhile I was wondering how it could take him so long to mow just the front yard. I actually tend to mow the lawn for this very reason--I am more efficient, and yes I believe faster. But this time he seemed slower than usual. I decided to get a better look.

Aha! Now it makes sense. What a great kid! The day before he was digging out the dandelions in the grass.

I really am a lucky mom to have such a wonderful son. I tell Luke that he was sent to our home as the first child for a reason. Our Heavenly Father knew he would be a great example to his younger siblings and a helper to his mother. I love Luke!

As I was taking the picture, Steve told me now that Luke is 8 he is responsible enough to help mow the lawn. He stated this in a tone, that implied, he was doing Luke a favor. Or................


Did he have ulterior motives?

4 comments:

Stevo said...

The devil-woman tells lies...lies I say!

Jamie said...

Love it! Those pictures are classic. Watch out Steve-Luke will get even some day!
Though I must say, I can't wait until Chase is older. :)

Diane said...

Luke,
You are such a great kid! We love you!
Grandma and Grandpa

Luke said...

I did the front, and the back.