Now that the older kids are in school all day, I have been spending all my time with these little ones.....
That being said, I can only take so much. Thus Peter has been enrolled in preschool. Orientation was this week. Let me preface this by saying that I always thought Peter was brilliant. He is so smart, knows letters, numbers, uses the computer efficiently and teaches me a trick or too. THEN, we got to preschool. He is by far the youngest in the class. It showed. I no longer think this kid is brilliant. I am embarrassed and worried.
The teacher wanted the kids to sit down at the table and color. ALL the other kids did so. The entire time. My Peter was done coloring after a few scribbles with the Purple crayon. He never sat down again.
My worries are two fold. The teacher has a time out chair. I really don't know why, and totally disagree with the philosophy. I asked what constitutes "the chair." She told me that not following directions or participating in the class activity. OK, this is not looking good for Peter--strike one, not coloring with the group.
Next problem is the bathroom. I am so proud of Peter and how fast he has taken to potty training. However, he does undress from the waist down, and goes numero uno sitting down. It is hard for him to get dressed after. I explained this to the teacher. I got a blank stare.
So here is what I project happening this year at preschool. Peter sitting in the time out chair---NAKED!
@Orientation. Wearing his new backpack.
I am not over exaggerating. Tonight Peter had opened the backyard gate. Went to the front to visit the neighbors. Wearing only a hat, and carrying a tool box. Our neighbors were rolling with laughter.
*Hopefully this preschool is not as bad as I have made it out to be. Cross your fingers. I am paying a measly amount of money, and have known many people who have attended and had a good experience. Hopefully we will as well.
6 comments:
I just love little boys who think being nude is the best thing ever. I love the idea of him just stripping down at preschool...but I probably wouldn't love it if it were my kid. I'd be just as worried.
He is a smartie and he will do GREAT.
You just have to love Peter. I would love to be able to watch him at preschool without him knowing. Good luck Pete.
Just curious about the "Chair". What are your reasonings for not agreeing with it?
P.S. I deleted my first comment because my spelling was horrible.
If it doesn't work out, just send him my way. I would kill for a little play time with Peter. I'm sure I could figure out how to teach him a little preschool stuff here and there. And I'm all about little kids running around half naked. Totally awesome!
Addie is the same way about potty. I told her she has to do it all herself at school. I, unlike, you neglected to let the teacher in on it. We'll see what happens!
Post a Comment