Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Scarfs are in, right?
I went shopping about a month ago. Black Friday to be exact. I walked by this scarf and loved it. You know how some items you have to really think about if you like it enough to buy, or is it worth the money. Well this was NOT one of those items. I grabbed it and never looked back.
You could see me sporting this scarf around my neck similar to the picture below. I did this for the month of December.
Then on Christmas day, Steve approaches me at his parents home and asks, "Do you know how to tie a scarf?" I am guessing that apparently I do not, since he asked. Come to think of it, it was tied differently at the store, but I felt like I was wearing a tie.
He took off my scarf, and while he did his magic, he explained that the ladies at his work had given him a demonstration (I did not dare ask why) and told him this is the NEW way to wear a scarf.
Well, I'll be damned. My husband is more up on the trends than I. Bound to happen when you are a stay at home mom. Kind of embarrassing however when your husband corrects you on a style trend.
So I guess scarfs are in, but it depends on how you tie them.
P.S. While walking me through the steps, Steve pointed out that you do not want it too tight around the neck. Good tip hun.

4 comments:

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

I think Steve is in the wrong business.

Molly said...

Ha ha.. that is funny. You wear that scarf just how you want to girl.

Natalie Bernhisel-Robinson said...

Love it! I've always worn scarfs... I wear them all the time. I swear I have one right now, in the house. :) I have a few that aren't long enough to do the "through the loop" so to speak. If that's the case, I just tie in a loose knot in front, square the knot of and let the tails hang down. It looks really cute!

Jamie said...

Awesome. That is just awesome.
It looks cute!