Saturday, January 2, 2010

A warmer start to the New Year

In love with this photo, and the people in it!
We went south to ring in the new year.
Is it just me, or is the sky bigger down there?
We spent New Years Day in Snow Canyon.
So fun, so beautiful!

The sand dunes are incredibly awesome.
It brings out the inner athlete in Steve,
but we all know white men can't jump.

And white men probably should not teach their kids to jump.
They all have the same goofy look as their daddy.



It was a last minute decision to head to St. George. So glad that we did. The first night festivities are so family friendly, including an early firework show (10:00) for the kids. Who are we kidding, the adults love the early show too.
The kids participated in an Iron Man competition, since St. George will soon be hosting their very own Iron Man.
Steve could not find where to purchase the tickets at the event. After walking aimlessly, Luke had to talk him into asking a police officer. I thought this was hilarious. Steve is the typical guy that will not ask for directions.

After slamming my husband twice in this post, I will put in an awesome photo. I love this photo. This guy is a great dad to his kids. On Friday afternoon my uncle drove them out to the Arizona boarder to the Silica Quarry. The BB gun is a huge hit with the kids.
"Your gonna sho0t your eye out!"
Lucky me, the kids each brought home their own bag of this treasure!

After a long ride home, I may not have this big of a smile on my face, but I am happy. We officially wore out the kids.
Mission accomplished!

7 comments:

Diane said...

I love the jumping photos. Especially the one with Luke and his tongue! Glad you made it home safely.

Kerri said...

Fun pictures, Sarah! So glad you guys had a happy New Year's.

Cathi said...

Your kids are so cute!

It was fun to see you in St. George. Looks like you had a great time!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Cute pictures! You could almost do that professionally - but then who would I get to teach my kids how to swim?!

Kerri said...

Oh, and that wasn't our kitchen. It is our friends' kitchen. I'll post ours another day :)

La La Land said...

I love it! Sounds like fun and your photos look soooo good!

Camilla Millar said...

I love this post. The pictures are great and I feel like I was there with you. . . . well, I wished I was there with you!