Sunday, January 10, 2010

Theory

These cupcakes are from my neighbors bakery.

Have you ever been in line at a bakery or ice cream store, excited for your purchase, when you then look at the people standing in front of you. Or the drive through at a fast food restaurant and someone is taking FOREVER to order. Do you notice who is occupying the car? Does it make you change your mind about your soon-to-be purchase?

I have, and yes it does make me change my mind!

I have a theory. Purely my theory. It has no ground to stand on and is filled with a million loopholes, but never-the-less, I am sticking to it:

If the person standing in front of me has "lots to love", I get out of line and save myself the hundreds of calories I would have just indulged in.

The day after Christmas, Steve and Maggie made a trip to our least favorite super store. Those who know Steve well, would not be surprised that they made their way to the candy aisle. Where all the candy goes on sale that day. The aisle was crowded. Two people crowded. Two very overweight people crowded.

Maggie had a hard time looking for her favorite, since the other company was concerned about getting first choice. Maggie took matters into her own hands, squeezed past "the junk in the trunk", and grabbed her Recess Christmas Trees. As she maneuvered her way out, the ladies saw her choice of candy. "Oh sweetie, those are great! They are even better frozen. You should get an extra pack to freeze."

Maggie had a look of confusion on her face. Steve turned around to escape but were blocked again. Yup, you guessed it!

You see if I was the one shopping, we would have never entered that aisle upon spotting the sight at hand. (Yes, I consider myself Christian, but obviously not a very good one). Maybe we could solve America's obesity problem by following my theory. A stretch, but a start.

So in the spirit of "lots to love", with all adieu, I give you my favorite cake recipe as of late. We made it twice over Christmas.

Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
1 yellow cake mix w/pudding
1 box vanilla instant pudding (3.5 oz)
1 TB poppyseeds
1/2 cup o.j.
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
Mix, and put into a well greased bundt pan.
Cook @ 350 for 45 min.

Glaze:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 cube butter
Bring to a boil, and pour over warm cake. Let soak.
Flip pan over and stick a fork in it!


No comments: