Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Motorized Vehicles

Have you seen the new city vehicles? The "city employee's" ride these three wheeled, probably environmentally friendly contraptions around to deliver information. I heard commotion in front of my house the other day, and watched these guys having trouble unloading the vehicles. They were in no hurry. Peter and I watched them for quite a while doing tricks in front of our house. Impressive. I am glad to see my tax money is hard at work.


Then later in the day, I was shopping at Harmon's and passed an elderly man in a motorized grocery cart. He was trying to get an employees attention, and it caught my attention. He asked where the seat belts were for his cart. And then insisted that it should have one, in case he fell off. "I guess your just going to have to be careful" he was told.

It reminded me of the movie Dumb and Dumber, which I can repeat verbatim, since we watched in constantly my freshman year of college. I know, my maturity level is showing. But this part is quite funny...

No comments: