One of them was the drive through to get a Diet Coke. I asked Peter if he wanted anything. His first answer was no, and then at the last minute, he was yelling something from the back of the van. He wanted a small "cone?" He was pinching his fingers to show me it needed to be small. When I ordered an ice cream cone, he started yelling at me, and fussing. "I don't want ice cream in it!" Huh? Whatever.
After I handed him the ice cream, I understood what he wanted. A small Coke! Not a large Coke (like moms), but a small one!
Kinda glad I miss understood that one.
Such a soft teddy bear.
Our other errand was to the bookstore, to grab Luke the next book in his series. While we were there I found a cute book and asked Peter if I could read it to him. "No, why don't you just sit down and read it yourself." Well no thank you Peter, I did not come to the bookstore to read a children's book.
He eventually changed his mind, and came over to sit by me and read. He stopped me, mid sentence, looked up at me, and said, "Mom, I think Rachel is going to be alright." He knew I was very anxious about leaving her for her first day of "school."
Oh, how I love him!
He talked me into buying him a "look and find" book. He told the cashier that he loved super heroes, so his mom was buying him a super hero book.
1 comment:
Peter is cuddly! I bet he was the one that was worried about Rachel.
Post a Comment