I spent Sunday cooking a large dinner for Peter's birthday party later in the day. Our kitchen was HOT! I also attempted to make a cake from scratch that was highly recommended. Due to the heat in my house, my cake was melting and falling apart quickly. Every time I walked by another chunk had fallen off! Instead of crying I looked in the cupboard and found Oreo cookies. I used them to hold together my cake!
Peter took a look at the cake and said "This cake looks scrumptious!"
We all laughed. This kid pulls out the funniest words. I was interested in if he even knew the meaning of the word.
"Scrumptious, is when you put cookies on a cake!"

It was indeed scrumptious. Thank you for the recipe Linda! We will be making this again, when I have 5 hours to spare working off the damage in calories I consume.
1 comment:
Now THAT is a cake after my heart. What a great idea.
Post a Comment