Saturday, December 4, 2010

Here comes Santa Claus...

Rachel made sure to keep her distance from Santa, but not too far.
She collected her candy cane!

Peter giving Santa his wish.

He knows this isn't the real Santa,
but my sweet ten year old still wants to
believe in his magic.

Santa is somewhere in this picture.

The Dunham's finally have Christmas up at their house this year. I usually like to get it done earlier, but with this never ending illness, and trying to find where we stashed all the decorations, we are a little behind.

Earlier this week I trekked out to the shed to get the boxes myself. While searching for the seasonal decor, a high chair, (that was piled high on top of boxes), crashed onto my head. I was done. Passed the responsibility on to Steve. He was equally frustrated. Just when he thought he was done, I would explain that we were still missing boxes.

I tell ya, this was not good on our marriage. The most coveted decoration of all was still MIA as of this morning. LITTLE STEVIE WAS MISSING! Steve thought I had packed him in a miscellaneous spot, and I thought he was not looking thoroughly. Patience was tried, kids were upset, and I'll be damned if I was going to buy another $30 elf. (yeah, the Dunham's are cheap!)

Little Stevie turned up, (and no, not in my husbands pants!) He was hibernating in Steve's closet. Did you read that? Steve's closet. Not Sarah's miscellaneous spot! No, really, I am not mad, Big Steve saved the day, and the family could not be happier.

I think my house looks best this time of year. So homey, warm and cozy. Check out this baby.
I took a wreath class from a friend of mine who owns her own floral business. Check out her website, it has beautiful pictures and colors.

This is my finished project, and it smells really good. It is not perfect, but Natalie and Steve were proud of me.