Monday, December 13, 2010

Live Nativity


The baby Jesus was tiny.
The mother was so great to keep it turned for all to see.

I have been wanting to attend this activity for a couple years now. Except it always falls on a freezing cold night or mine and Rachel's birthday. This year not only did we make it, but the weather was mild.

The nativity is nestled on a fun little trial behind some houses, that I love running on in the warmer seasons.

They expect around 5,000 people, and I am sure it happened. With live animals, music, and scenery, this did not disappoint. Even though it was crowded and everyone wanted to see the same things, (Mary and the baby Jesus, and to pet the sheep) everyone was so courteous, and watching out to make sure others got a turn. The true Christmas spirit was indeed present.

We found Andrew and Carrie.
Andrew is their cousin.

Real camel, who was crabby that night.

Walked through Bethlehem like streets.

Must pass the centurions to enter.

Peter is playing a donkey in his preschool nativity program.
This picture was a must have.