Yesterday we celebrated Maggie's birthday. I was happy to do it in this house with some of our friends from this neighborhood. Thank you to everyone who came and supported Maggie and our family.
Decorations
My dad helped me design these cute cut outs.
They really turned out great Dad!
Peter told my mom, "I am only here for the suckers!"
For centerpieces, I put candy in Mason jars,
with a cute sucker sticking out.
I thought I picked candy that would not melt.
I found out, that everything melts!
Maggie with her chocolate cake.
Prep before Baptism
I asked my sweet friend Marti, if she would braid Maggie's hair
for this special occasion.
Marti is the mother of two sets of twins. They are all adorable.
Marti is so talented, fashionable, sweet, and happy.
I would link you to her blog to prove my point,
but...
she has watched to many Dateline NBC: How to catch a predator.
Thus she is private!
Thanks again Marti, I will remember your love and willingness forever!
Baptism
My family!
Maggie and Steve
prior to the baptism and confirmation.
Read more about baptism here.
Party Time
Tortillas, sweet pork, dressings, cilantro rice,
and even pinto beans (never made those before!)
We were so happy to have everyone over one
last time before we move.
Some of our guests...
Andrew and Carrie.
Laura and sweet Alice.
Nicole and Brooke.
Maggie's friends dishing up.
Judy and Jim.
Our dear friend, Cathy.
Kort and Jesse.
No birthday is complete without friends.
Maggie loved having her friends around her.
I wanted to hurry and get up these pictures, before I become overwhelmed with the move and packing. Next time you see me, I will probably have puffy eyes, and maybe even tears. It is hard to leave such great people. I hope we can forever be friends and stay in touch.