When we found out we were moving to Daybreak, I wanted D track. This is the track at the kids school that is based off of the traditional school year. Start in August, end in June. No luck. Steve tried his hardest, but it was a "no" from the principal.
In retrospect, I am glad we did not get into that track. The kids needed to start school. It was the best thing to happen so far in the move.
Tuesday was the first day of school. Steve took them into school before hand to meet the teachers, and it eased their nerves. Maggie's teacher told her she was always the new kid at school, having attended many elementary schools.
The kids in Daybreak are very inclusive. I am amazed at how outgoing all the children are, and wanting to include everyone. So impressed.
The kids have met friends and are eager to learn. Especially Maggie! After last year (2nd grade) Maggie is craving a great learning environment. So far, it has been perfect for her.
I want to thank everyone for their prayers and love and concern. I feel like the Lord is very mindful of my family at this time. He has answered our prayers, by helping my kids adjust to a new school.
I say this all the time, but I know my Heavenly Father listens to my prayers, I am just slow to thank him.
President Eyring said, "I testify that He loves us, and blesses us, more than most of us have yet recognized."
This is the beautiful view from my front porch! How lucky am I? Very.
2 comments:
YAY! I can leave a comment!
I love that you and your family are out by us and I love that our kids clicked instantly! I love living out here. All you have to do is look at the sky in the morning and night and realize it's completely worth it! I have never seen so many different sunrises and sunsets!
Well said, Sarah. I miss you.
Post a Comment