Luke turns 11!

Have you ever seen Luke with such a genuine smile?
Not often.
He loves Scouts and his former Scout Master-Dave.

Luke recently earned his Arrow of Light.
His friend earned it at the same time.
Dave gave them these awesome bags.
BYU blue for Luke, and Utah red for Zack.
If you look closely, Luke is missing a tooth.
The other week at church I brought Tootsie Rolls for the kids.
Luke put on in his mouth during Sacrament.
He looked at me, spit it into his hand, and told me his tooth
just fell out and was stuck inside the sticky candy.
Ironically enough he had a cavity in that tooth.
Better cool it with the tootsie rolls I guess.

It is an honor to be Luke's mom.
He is the perfect child to have as your oldest.
This move has been the hardest on Luke and I.
But it has given us time together, where we have had some awesome talks,
and shared many of the same feelings.
We know when the other is having a hard day, and so many
times he steps up to lighten my look or mood.
Happy Birthday Luke, I love you.
He brought home his report card-he really wanted me to open it.
I did not want to have to get mad at him for his grades on his birthday.
I told him to go to school, and as he left this morning I opened it.
Straight A's!