Sunday, October 16, 2011

special moments

I have a very clear memory of being in the hospital with Peter. The first night, I was in a lot of pain, and could not move easily due to the c-section. I would have Peter sleep on my legs, so I limit my movement in and out of bed.

I remember late one night, crying because of the pain I was in. Peter's eyes popped open, and just stared at me. I knew at that moment he was a special child, and here to help take care of me.

Picture taken on his blessing day 8-06

Fast forward to last night. Steve, Peter and I were all sitting at the table. Peter could obviously sense my mood, and told me he would pray for me in his nightly prayer.

I told him thank you.

Then he looked at me for a moment, and said "actually I am going to pray for you right now." He got up from the table, went over to the couch and said a prayer.

Then we all started to cry.

Picture taken yesterday on hike to Donut Falls.