Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Christ in Christmas
The one thing I will admit that I am good at, is doing the majority of my Christmas shopping before December. Thus leaving the great month to concentrate on more important things. I want my kids to know that Christmas is not about the "hustle and bustle" but actually the opposite, staying in the warmth of our home with family, decorations, warm yummy food and the spirit of our Savior.
Our kids are very familiar with the the Luke 2 story of Christ, this year I wanted them to know more. We began reading in Helaman with Samuel the Lamanite, and are slowly progressing to the visitation of Christ. I think it is remarkable that those in the Americas saw the same signs that they did over in Israel. I know that Samuel was a prophet of God who prophesied that these signs would come, and indeed they did. Samuel like all the other prophets of old and like our prophet today are persecuted for "righteousness sake." Satan works hard to make man think the prophets are fools.
The Book of Mormon also tells us that the same Christ who we celebrate his birth also came to the Americas, for he loves all his children. I know that his life is what we celebrate and if he was here today he would be with those who need him most, the "poor in heart...to those in trouble, distress, and need wherever they may be."
I hope I can always concentrate a little more on what Christmas really means.
I love this video, especially the person who sang it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was a beautiful video, Sarah.
Post a Comment