Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day of Song...and Special People

Friday began with Maggie's Kindergarten Program. She sat on the front row with her legs spread apart. At one point she was picked to sing a special part with a handful of other kids, hate when they do this-but love it when it is MY child. As I watched my beautiful girl sing the Christmas carols I wondered if she knew the importance of what she sang?


Later that day Steve and I had a date to attend the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. After being turned down by a handful of babysitters, we finally found one. (Little Rachel was taken care of by our sweet neighbors!) We left for the concert an hour and a half early, and could not find parking to save our life! Side note: Don't park where your ticket assigns you. We barely made it into the Conference Center only to find that there were no more seats! After all we had been through, my heart sunk and I was near tears! I felt like Mary: There is no room for you here!
I found a kind old lady who was ushering and she took pitty on us and found some seats. We sat down and the gentleman next to me said "These seats are for special people." "Oh," I said in my ignorance "are we sitting by someone special?" Apparently his wife was someone special. I wondered through the concert who this special person was I was sitting by. Steve later informed me that they were HANDICAP seats.

3 comments:

The Dunham Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
j said...

Sounds about right.

Adam's Family said...

Are there not assigned seats?