Saturday, February 7, 2009

Donkey vs. Elephants

Luke is reading a Cabin Creek Mysteries book. A character in the book gets kidnapped and his father is a US Senator. I have been trying to teach Luke what a Senator is. We caught the first story on the Today Show about the ever popular Stimulus Bill. They were interviewing Senators.
While listening Luke then asked "Mom, what is a Democrat and a Republican?"
Oh the perfect opportunity to taint my son towards one direction.
"Well the Democrats like to help the poor, and the Republicans like to help big business."
(You were forewarned this was a tainted response--so no political corrections!)

I was interested in how Luke would respond and never saw this one coming:
"That's great, so together they can help a lot of different people."
In theory son, in theory!

3 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

Oh, Sarah. . . .Oh, Sarah. . . .there is nothing else I can say (well, actually I could say A LOT).

Kerri said...

Sarah, this is lovely. See, we're SUPPOSED to work towards different objectives so that we all make the world a better place!!!

Isn't it fun to be liberal in UT? I love it.

megan said...

I love that so much! How do we get Luke up in the State capital. I think he could help out a lot. (plus, we could feed him our democrat agendas and maybe get something done!)