Thursday, February 19, 2009

Here is the story...

Who: A desperate mom who is dying to get out of the house, dressed up in nice slacks and high heels. Along with 3 of her whinny, bratty complaining children.
When: Today at lunch.
Where: Cafe Rio. Yum!
Why: To enjoy a nice lunch out of the house on a beautiful day.
What: What happened is...A child threw a tantrum on the floor while in line. Screamed about a puzzle piece left in the car the entire lunch. Drinks spilled a couple times. One of the spills landed on the couple next to us, who after a million times of saying "I am so sorry" still would not look at me. And of course--spills of beans and dressing all over mom.
How: Yes, How do I do this?

I must say, the employees at Cafe Rio are wonderful. They carried my food to a table for me, brought me tons of complimentary strawberries, mopped up our mess a couple of times, and kept asking how they could help. Why?...did I look like a needed help for some reason. Me--I never need help.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

You are brave. You got some cafe rio though, that's what's important. If you want company next time, call me! I may not wear nice slacks or heels, but I can carry trays!

Kerri said...

Next time, call me and I'll take your kids so you can go to Cafe Rio in peace. Yikes. Sounds like a nightmare lunch.