Friday, February 20, 2009

Pathetic

After reading my last post, I think I am officially pathetic! It is soooo hard being a stay at home mom. Mentally it is exhausting. I rarely get a free minute to myself (unless I go hide, like I am now!) I change a gazillion diapers every day, sit at home so my kids can get naps.
Naps go something like this: 10:00-1:30 Rachel's first nap,
1-3 Peter's nap, and 4-5 is Rachel's second nap.
I walk around aimlessly picking up toys, make meal after meal, clean up meal after meal. Some days I wonder if I am a mom or a house keeper?
Maybe the winter is getting me down, or maybe I'm just a downer and need to stop comparing myself. It has been hard watching neighbors leave for work, while their nanny's stay in the home with their children and clean their house. It is on days like that when I wonder--What am I doing?
So why do I stay at home with my children? Why...because they grow up fast. Because I can never go back in time and change what I did not do. I want my children to know that I am their mom, and am willing to sacrifice to help them succeed. I want to be the one to kiss them goodbye in the morning, and hug them when they get home from school. I want to teach them to read and write and learn about the world and their Savior. And yes I know this is where my Heavenly Father wants me right now, is in the home where things are learned the best with love and compassion (and lots of yelling!)
However I am not convinced that their are extra blessings in heaven for the stay at home mom.


They sure are cute,and I sure do love them!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I so hear you, Sarah. I can't think of a career I'd rather have than being my kids' mom, but that doesn't mean it isn't seriously, mind-bendingly hard. And the winter hasn't helped any. But the spring is around the corner!

Marti said...

It really IS the hardest job ever. There are definitely days where I wish I could get all dressed up and go to work--but then I remember all those years that I DID that and all I wanted was to be a mom.
Your kids are so lucky to have you be there for them-and it's such a blessing that you CAN stay home with them.