Friday, February 27, 2009

The time has come


I have made a decision. I am throwing away my bathroom scale (or at least packing it away in the garage.)
Every time I go to weigh myself the result turns out the same--me eating a donut.
Here is my logic.
-If I have lost weight, then I think-- "Wow! I deserve a donut."
-If I gain weight I say--"What the hell, and I eat a donut."
I am thinking neither of those are good reasons to eat something that takes up all my caloric intake for the day in one sitting.
So we will see what happens. Good bye bathroom scale and donuts!

My favorite donuts are the Chocolate Dunford Donuts sold at Dans Grocery Store.

Sarah's weight problem: Every time I get down to my goal weight, Steve gets me pregnant. He says he wont do that again. And why should I believe him this time? Just kidding. We are done--Really! ?! ?! No really we are.

4 comments:

Dustin said...

I love those same donuts. Smith's sells a similar kind that are awesome. Dan brings them home and eats one or two and then I eat the rest while he's a work the next day. It's a problem.

Lizzy said...

Oh, I love donuts. They are one of my weaknesses. My other weakness is anything with sugar in it...

I think you look great. I also think not having a scale could be nice. You can still gauge your body weight with how your clothes fit, right? I think it's emotionally healthy.

Faithful said...

You sound exactly like me. I can always find a way to justify getting a donut, and those donuts at Dan's are TO DIE FOR!!

Molly said...

Ha ha ha. I love you and your blog. If it makes you feel any better. I eat a Dunford Donut every Tuesday. They come fresh on Tuesdays to the Phillips 66 on 21st & 23rd. I worked there in h.s.... insider information for ya!