Thursday, March 12, 2009

And this is my joy...



Today I was humbled.
We recieved some news that was not so great. I was disappointed and thus felt sorry for myself. While surfing the web, I came across this website. How grateful it made me that I have 4 healthy children and a happy family. All my other concerns seemed so trivial.
The mother on the blog (who just lost a child due to a heart defect) talked about a musician whose music I am familiar with. We used it on a video for Luke. This is a video Steve made to share at Luke's baptism. It is a collage of pictures throughout his 8 years in our family. The music is by Paul Cardall, who is waiting for a heart transplant.
Pictures of my children and family bring me great joy...and when they are put to the sound of beautiful music, well that is just heaven on earth.

3 comments:

j said...

It is funny watching him get older. He is a good kid. I have met hundreds of kids in my life and no one even comes close to having a better heart than that kid. Good job Luke.

Diane said...

We all have a lot to be thankful for. We like to watch that video often.

Molly said...

Ah... why did you send me to that heart breaking blog. Is it just me or are stories like this becoming so much more common? why? it does make you grateful for everything you have though...