Thursday, March 19, 2009

Close call and a Code Yellow

Yesterday Maggie fell hard on her arm. She cried, complained and moaned for hours. Four hours to be exact! She was inconsolable. That is when we decided we better take her up to PCM Center. Maybe we should have waited another hour, maybe not.
They put a pain chart in front of her that looked like this....

Then asked her which described how her arm hurt.
"Well when it happened....I felt like this." (pointing to the saddest) "And now I feel like this." (pointing to the happy)
Steve was a little embarrassed.
Then the nurse twisted, lifted and squeezed her arm. Nothing.
Now Steve was a lot embarrassed.
The Dr. asked "Well when does it hurt?"
She lifted her arm like a chicken. "It hurts when I do that."
What??????
She did a 360 from the hour before. Whatever.
She ended up moaning and crying through the night. So we would have ended up going either way. Better off in the evening than the middle of the night.
Diagnosis: Not broken.

Now to the code yellow. Peter ran away from me at Target today. A manager heard my yells and asked if we needed to lock down the store. I thought it was best. So he called a code yellow and a description of Peter. As we are looking, we see a Target employee running down an isle. Who is she running after? Peter! He is running full speed from all the employees trying to catch him. It was quite the scene.
I think those code yellows happen a lot at Target. My friend said it happened to her as well. She found her child, but they would not let her go until they had the Managers "ok".

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh, Sarah. Oh my. I'm so sorry. And sweet Maggie...was the fall the one at school, too, or did she fall again? What a day.

Lizzy said...

I swear, that is my biggest fear-losing my child in the store. For being so little, kids can run fast. I'm glad you found him and he was safe.

Adam's Family said...

At least you have never had your spouse page you on the intercom system saying "Adam Greer, your wife is waiting for you"