Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sleep

Steve gave me a great gift. The gift of sleep! He let me have the bed to myself for 2 nights in a row. The first night was divine. My head hit the pillow, I was off to dreamland, my body stretched across the bed, and I did not wake up until morning.  I am convinced that the best gifts cost nothing.  I am afraid the gift is over.  Steve has informed me, I am back to the basement tonight.  He has a bad case of the SNOORES!

The sleep situation changed this week at our home. We moved Peter to Luke's room. I feel so guilty and bad for Luke. But he is a great sport.
We then moved Rachel out of our bedroom, after 15 months. Wow, can you believe that! She then went into Peter's old room.

Kids making a mess in Rachel's room.

Peter in Luke's room. Steve is reading Peter his nightly Sandra Boyton book, But not the Hippopotamus.
That first night, everyone slept through the night. Hallelujah.
I have to admit, when I layed down that night without a crib in our room, her lack of presence was recognized. Her deep breathing,coos, and hourly farts followed by a sigh of relief were missed.

1 comment:

Diane said...

As Trace would say, "You're gonna miss this!"