Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh, that "Socks!"

Laundry is the most overwhelming task for me. More specifically, matching socks. Check this out.
The pile under the red chair are socks that are fresh out of the wash. Let me rephrase that--the socks have been washed. Just need to fold them, and put them into the next pile--the bin.

The tuperwear bin next to that pile, are all matched. Problem is everyone's are thrown in there. Sad to say, this is where everyone goes to find socks in the morning, not their dresser.

The basket on Peter's denim chair, are all stray socks. Where has their match gone?

What is the problem here?
A)Do we own too many socks?
B) Do we just have too many people that wear socks?
C) Do we have a ding-bat house keeper?
D) all of the above.

5 comments:

Molly said...

um.... you have a "folded bin?" That is WAY better than I can say...

BTW... where and what size did you print that canvas, I really like it and have been meaning to experiment with printing one. It is a darling photo.

Molly said...

also.... should I feel bad that my birthday has not been on the ward r.s. birthday list for the last two years?? what the?? I guess really DON'T live in the ward... man...

so are you running now or do you have to wait 12 weeks?

Kerri said...

I so hear you on the sock thing. Hate it hate it hate it.

Kelly E. said...

I have a HUGE drawer in my laundry room that I throw all my socks in and the kids have to match them up if they want to wear them. I GAVE UP a LONG time ago!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

I have a huge bin with all the missing pair socks. I just can't comprehend where the missing ones go!! Now, I am kind of anal about keeping everyone's socks in their own space. It's like teeth brushing...I can't let it go undone! p.s. from what I hear that house you asked me about has three offers in on it at the bank. Go figure.