Wednesday, January 20, 2010

woops


Upon arriving at our cabin this weekend, I thought I could help Steve out by bringing some loads up to the cabin. They lock the gates for the winter, no cars allowed, only snowmobiles. So we have to make a couple trips.

I loaded up the machine, in the parking lot, and a couple of kids jumped on. It is kind of a blur, but here is what I think happened. Maggie was in the way, so I could not make a sharp enough turn. While yelling at her, a bag was pressed against the gas. I could not stop. Slammed right into a truck!

Kids were crying, onlookers were judging, and I was plain shook up with blood all over my hand. If only I listened to my smart 9 year old, who told me Maggie should sit behind me-twice he told me. I apologized and Maggie made it clear that Luke is much smarter than me.


Who let this crazy lady back on the machine?

Notice who is not wanting to come on another ride with me.
Luke.
Pretty nervous with me at the wheel.
I really am a good driver, just not when there are cars around.

The truck happened to belong to an old friend of mine. Very little damage. He brushed it off, saying it was a work truck. Then offered to help fix our machine. Now that kind of generosity does not come around every day.

2 comments:

Jason Sokol said...

Okay, this isn't fair. Not only are you a great writer, you seem to also have a knack for photography. Excellent photo!

Camilla Millar said...

That stinks. Glad everyone is okay, though.