Saturday, September 25, 2010

Moose sighting

Apparently it is mating season for moose. We found the bull and cow moose late last night. The cow moose was making grunting and moaning noises, while the bull stood over her. I am convinced if we stayed around long enough, we would have got as lucky as the bull, and seen some naughty sights.

This morning I headed out early, hoping to get a better picture. I found them yards from where we left them last night.

I spotted the cow first, turned around and there was the bull moose. Yikes. My legs started shaking. But I got a couple good shots.

Steve laughs at me, that I get scared. Hey! I think I am adventurous. He admits, that yes, I am adventurous, but only to a point. Yes, the point of death (I am thinking).


The below picture was taken last night. Apparently I have a lot to learn about my camera. It is hard to get shots in the wilderness, and low lighting. But we got this one. He was on the heels of the cow moose.

No comments: