Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happiness 18: Running


Phil: She has to run everyday or she goes crazy, she's like a Border Collie.
Claire: Did you just compare me to a dog?!?
Phil: The smartest dog in the world!
-Modern Family

This quote from the last episode of Modern Family made me laugh. Alright the whole show makes me laugh. This quote just hit close to home, it is SO me. I need my run every day. Trust me, I am a much nicer person when I get even a small run in.

For Christmas I received a Garmin. Steve calls it a "computer on my wrist". It is quite large, the smaller ones did not come with a smaller price tag, thus I run with a computer. It is not so bad, I only wear it running.

My friend and I have been tagging along on some runs with some guys from the gym. It pushes me like I have never been pushed before. When we are about 3/4 through the run, they are usually a block ahead of me. Then when I catch up they tell me "it is time to give 30 percent!" Are they serious? Have they seen my frame size? A whopping 5'2 on a good day. I am giving 80 percent from the beginning!

Today we were scheduled to do 8 miles with them. Tricia and I were not sad at all when they canceled. We rejoiced, and went on a quick little run.
I love coming home, and plugging in my garmin.

Elevation vs. speed

Small and simple things make me happy!