Thursday, January 27, 2011

Night time routine

Steve has been putting in a lot of overtime. Fine by us, we will put the money to good use--namely the $1200 root canal!

However it makes a very long night for me. Dinner, homework, showers, pjs, reading, teeth brushing, and tucking. Lately the kids have been insistent that they sleep in a fort. Tucking them into bed, takes time, effort, and a plethora of blankets and pillows. So many in fact that there have been a couple nights I woke up, and wanted to sleep on the couch, but did not have any spare blankets.

It has been awhile since I used my camera. I pulled it out the other night because I saw the cutest thing. (Luke would be angry if he knew I posted this picture, but lets face it, I make his dinner and chocolate treats, so......he could not be mad for long.)

Luke decided it was time to start using deodorant.
I can testify that he has never stunk,
but it is better to start before he does.

And...
Rachel tries to prolong her bedtime
any way possible.
This time it was piggy back rides.
(Don't you love how the best photo ops come after you have removed your make up?)


Yesterday Rachel wanted to sit in the front seat of the car. I told her "NO! You will be killed, and we would never see you again!" Peter chimed in. "That is not true mom. Jesus just has to touch her and she will come back to life. We will see her again. It is true mom!"

Peters spirituality did not last much longer. In fact it stopped some time around when Steve walked in the door. Steve entered the room and told me about the guy who has been giving him headaches lately, and called him a sh%*. Peter repeated Steve's statement with much gusto!

Steve: "Peter, Dad said a bad word. But I am an adult, and can choose to say these things."

Peter: "Sweet! So when I am an adult I can say Dammit!"

Sorry to offend anyone, but this kid has the bad habits of both parents combined!