That did not stop us from enjoying our time in the mountains.
Actually it did not stop much of anyone.
Everyone was bundled up playing with their families.
I even went on a run in the balmy weather. I admit, it pretty much sucked. Running 2.5 miles in high altitude, with aching shin splints, on ice packed roads was super hard. It felt like I was running in place, I could not get traction to save my life.
Luke was sledding for hours on end.
We are so glad we were able to enjoy some time away, since it almost did not happen. The night before our furnace stopped working. It has been giving us fits for awhile, but this time it stopped for good. The temperature in our house was so cold, and dropping rapidly. We were getting bids around $150 to come and look, because it is a holiday you know. Who knew New Years Eve warrants high prices for furnace fixers.
To make a long story short, I am thankful for wonderful people. An old friend who used to be in the business, talked Steve through, and Steve was able to fix it on his own. Way to go honey, and I am so happy you remembered to turn off the gas first!