I am lucky to have Peter around to entertain me, and I can always count on him to give me a laugh. Every day. It helps give these blah days a lift.
Today Steve got to do my everyday job: shuttle kids around. I stayed home with my little kids, and have been loving it. Yes I do this everyday, but today I decided to concentrate on them. Have fun, play, not worry about the household chores.
During Rachel's nap, Peter and I jumped into the hot tub. We grabbed a bunch of ice cycles and watched them melt. Once our time was done, I helped Peter take off his swim trunks and the following conversation took place.
Warning this is at least a PG-13 conversation.
Peter: Girls like to look at penis'.
Mom: NO, they really don't.
Peter: Yes they do!
Mom: No, they do not.
Peter: Mom, can you see my penis right now?
Mom: Yes, your naked. I just took off your pants.
Peter: I told you girls like to look at penis'!
While yes, I am worried about this awkward conversation, it made me laugh and laughing is always good! Almost always.
My trips to the grocery store are always eventful when Peter is along. This last week, he spilled his M&M's within the first two minutes. Then after checking out my kids always love the free balloons that Harmon's provides. I asked Peter if he wanted one, the answer was "NO!" Rachel however did want one. As I grabbed one for her, I asked Peter again..."NO!" I know my son well enough that I could foresee him changing his mind in the parking lot and I would have to go back in. So I asked one more time just in case. Same answer.
"HOW COME YOU ASKED ME THREE TIMES IF I WANTED A BALLOON? I SAID NO! YOU ASKED ME ONCE, AND I SAID NO, AND YOU ASKED ME AGAIN, AND I SAID NO, THEN YOU ASKED ME THREE TIMES AND I STILL SAID NO"
"MOM THE ANSWER WAS NO, NO, NO!"
(it went longer than this...but I will spare you.)
Here it comes... PETER EXPLODES! He is always a loud talker but this time he was extremely loud.
"HOW COME YOU ASKED ME THREE TIMES IF I WANTED A BALLOON? I SAID NO! YOU ASKED ME ONCE, AND I SAID NO, AND YOU ASKED ME AGAIN, AND I SAID NO, THEN YOU ASKED ME THREE TIMES AND I STILL SAID NO"
"MOM THE ANSWER WAS NO, NO, NO!"
(it went longer than this...but I will spare you.)
Many people are staring and I could read their minds. They were thinking this is probably how she talks to her children at home. I promise I don't.
To top off my shopping trip, our sack ripped, dropping the Tiki Punch, and it spun around the parking lot spewing red foamy fizz. I was so outta there.