Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Mom's CSI Investigation

Yesterday I picked Maggie up from school to learn she had been hurt.  
I took Maggie back to the scene of the crime.  We did a reenactment.   
The picture shows what and where Maggie was climbing, before......

She was pushed off!  

Ok in all fairness it was a special needs child who did this.  But come on.  I have some questions....
-Why was my child allowed to climb like this?  (Knowing Maggie, it was not a first.)
-Is there not enough supervision on the playground?
-Should this child (who Maggie says is a bully) be watched more closely?
-Why was I not informed my child fell over 7 ft. and was hurt?
And finally,
-How did she not break any bones?

Note to reader: I am not an overly-protective mom.  When my kids cry I do not run to their rescue.  But this situation really ruffled my feathers!

14 comments:

Lizzy said...

I would be a little upset about that myself. That is a big fall! And if she got hurt at all, you should have been told.

Good detective work though.

Marti said...

Oh, this would bother me!! I think I AM an overly-protective parent though. Kind of scared to send them off to kindergarten...
Glad Maggie didn't break anything or land on her head or something.

j said...

Come on! This is Maggie we are talking about. She is a notorious liar and loves to make things up to save her skin. I love Mags but I'm sorry I have heard this story a million times.

Sarah said...

Jesse--Maggie does not remember much. But all her friends do! The story is true, many people saw it happen. Friends were even calling all day to see if she was alright.

And to think--I want you as her guardian. I may have to rethink that. Not that you would say yes anyhow.

j said...

"The Holy Ghost told me to do it" Those were Maggies words when she ran away one time. Of course you don't remember much when you make things up.
Of course I would be Maggies Guardian. I wouldn't believe anything she told me, but I would do it.

Diane said...

I just feel bad that I'm not going to be Maggie's guardian!

Adam's Family said...

I am on J side, and how come you are worried about the teacher letting her climb up there when you let her do it yourself.

Adam's Family said...

No, really. I would be upset as a parent that my kid was pushed/fell off. And all special needs-bully kids should be banned from playgrounds.

Sarah said...

You guys are horrible.

Diane said...

Just ignore them. That's what brothers love to do. Rest assured, they would not do it if they did not love you!

Barnaby said...

This is kind of fun. You guys put the "fun" in disfunction.

Camilla Millar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camilla Millar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dunham Family said...

The comment thread is purely in light fun. Comments are made by others, whom most readers do not know, nor their personalities. They were not to be taken seriously.

I hardly have anything against people with special needs. Maggie attended a preschool where the ratio was 50:50. She has been exposed and interacted with these kids more than most children her age.

I child who falls that far it not something to be taken lightly. As we saw this week, an actress who appeared to be fine after falling on a bunny hill ski slope, was obviously not fine. Who wants to be held accountable for that? A parent should be informed and be able to make their own decisions.