Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pine Wood Derby



To preface this story, I think that I have the sweetest 8 year old EVER! Rachel is very sick and both Steve and I could not attend Luke's Pine Wood Derby. Someone had to stay home with Rach. Luke came to me and said he thought that I should come, since I have been home with kids all day. Aahhhh. Isn't he the cutest? (I looked like I had been home with kids all day as well, and did not want to be seen in my motherly, non-makeup, hair in a bun state. )
So Steve went.

Luke had so much fun! His car won 8/16 races. Not too shabby.
I am proud of Luke for having so much confidence in what he does. I was pushing him to have someone draw a design on the car (since we are related to 2 graphic designers!) but he wanted to do it himself. He loved painting and sanding the car, and was excited to compete.
He loves being a Cub Scout! The Den Master is so great with the kids, I am grateful that he takes his duty one step further and makes such a great event for the boys.

Way to go Luke! Next year hopefully our family will be at a stage of life that we will all be present to cheer you on!

Check out these onlookers. Maggie and her friend Alicia cheered for their brothers while showing off some crack!

3 comments:

Luke said...

Pinewood Derby is speled like this.
Pinewood.

Stevo said...

Oh, the irony.

Luke said...

What do you mean Oh, the irony!