Saturday, March 28, 2009

Serenity Now!

Do you remember this Seinfeld episode?

I find myself thinking this a lot lately.
Why? Because....
-I am sick of every dang person in the house being sick. These coughs are getting on my nerves. They irritate me to the point of wanting to yell at the person to "Shut Up." Even though I know it is beyond their control.

-For the love of Pete, I hate changing dirty diapers. By 8:30 am I have already changed 5 diapers. To make it worse, and without fail, every time we go somewhere someone poops! So back to the car to change a wiggly/kicking child.

-Sports are beginning. I love sports, just hate that they take up my Saturday. Maggie has soccer and Luke Baseball.  Two random times at two random locations.  

-Peter running away all the time. Today at Maggie's game he was would not stay by me and kept heading to the playground that was around 10 ft. away. Fine, but he would not stay, I caught him twice running through a parking lot towards Wasatch Blvd. In short I watched Maggie for maybe 3 min. and chased Peter the rest of the time. Damn child.

-Now I am sick.  I went running last night on the Shoreline trail. When I walked in the house I suddenly felt like I had the flu. 

-Rachel sleeping all day long. Why could this not happen with my first child. Now that I have 4 kids I have places to be, things to do. Yet I am stuck in the house with Sleeping Beauty.

-The cost of food!  My goodness.  Sometimes I think it is cheaper to eat out.  If you make a healthy meal, it comes with a hefty price.  My guilty pleasure, Diet Coke is up to $4.99 for a 12 pack.  What?  

Yes, I think this calls for a loud shout out: Serenity Now!

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Switch to 2 liters instead of cans... way cheaper! Mom's gotta have their vices to survive the day!

Lizzy said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who goes through phases like this! I hate how much pop is now. I usually stock up big time when they have there 5/$13 sales. But then I notice I drink a whole lot more. It's a no-win situation...

Ben also runs away any chance he gets. I can't get that kid to stick by my side. I'm crossing my fingers it's just a two year old thing. Please tell me it's just a two year old thing...

megan said...

I'm with you Sarah...SERENITY NOW!!!