It could not be avoided any longer. Now I am flat on my back, SICK! Every breath I take hurts. Every swallow excruciating. You know if I do not exercise then I must be very, very sick. Once in high school I took first place in a swim race while I had Strep throat. (It bugs those close to me that I will not rest while I am sick.) But I am resting now.....and thinking.....of things......that bug me!
Here are some things that make me go hmmmm.
-Banks and their executive staff. Banks are the whole reason our economy is in the dumps. We all know the story. However I saw a story in the paper yesterday that bothered me. Man do theses guys never learn? Instead of giving out bonuses, they are going to give salary raises. Last time I checked a salary raise is better than a bonus. I cringe and balk when they justify their actions by saying that "they deserve the money, since they are good at what they do."
*Money in and of itself is not an evil, but as Paul taught Timothy, it is the love of money that is the root of all evil. (1Timothy 6:10)
-Twitter. I honestly do not get it. I saw a slight purpose for the myspace, blogging, facebook phenom. But now this twitter thing, where you tweet your stuff--come on! Who cares. It is just proof that we live in an ego driven world. If used in moderation and if what you are "tweeting" is actually interesting, then enjoy. But I'm guessing that the majority of tweets are pointless, mind numbing, "I made breakfast today" posts! I hope I don't eat my words and sign up. That has been known to happen.
Suggestive advertising. Granted my kids do not grasp the underlining theme. However some do, and through the grape vine it goes, until my child is no longer innocent. This and this is not creative advertising. Kids will learn it soon enough in high school, like we all did. *“Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly” (D&C 121:45).
Did I mention that I am sick? My voice is lost and can not be used. My kids are very confused and keep asking why I am not talking. I think that my lost voice is why I ranted on in this post. If I had someone to talk to, then maybe my opinion would have not spilled so freely. Oh well isn't that what a blog is about? Being opinionated, self-centered, and egotistical. Or is that Twitter?
6 comments:
Oh, Sarah, I'm so sorry you're so sick. I hope you don't have the flu like Josh has had. Get better FAST.
I guess this wouldn't be the best time to tell you that I twitter. And my twitters are lame and boring. Can we still be friends??
I hope you feel better soon! Sorry you're so sick. Let me know if I can do anything (babysit).
Lizzy,
I will still be friends with you even though you twitter. Because you are still friends with me since I like Thousand Island dressing!
I said the same thing about blogging and facebook--look at me now!
Amen.
I don't really understand the whole 'twitter' thing, either. I've never been on there to even check it out, but hearing so much about it kind of bugs me.
Sorry to hear you're so sick. That sucks.
If we get sick you know who the brick through the window is from!
i think I twittered twice today. please don't hate me!
Post a Comment