Peter sporting this pilots gear.
It's Air Force week in SLC. I have an 8-year-old who is facinated with the USAF. Oh dear, what if he joins the ROTC in high school? So I pulled Luke out of school early so we could participate in some events. It was awesome. A very memorable experience. At the Clarke Planetarium they were showing an IMAX movie on fighter pilots in training. Wow, not even 2 minutes into the show, I was getting sick and dizzy. Luke learned a lot, and payed close attention. For instance, did you know that every morning at Nellis Air Force base, the pilots walk the runway looking for even the smallest pebble that might have blown onto the tarmac--it could cause a horrible problem if the plane hit one.
Luke walked up and asked if he could have his picture taken.
We talked with fighter pilots, got a lot of free crap and then headed over to Pioneer Park. "Can't we drive?" whinned the kids. "No way, it is not that far, and it will be frustrating to find another parking spot." SO WE WALKED! Bad Idea! I ended up carrying Peter both ways in 86 degree heat. And it was further than I thought. But we got to see a Thunderbird up close. While walking through the park, I held my head high. These freaky dinks do not bother me....(ok, that is questionable.) But then Peter started asking, loudly, "Why are these guys sleeping?" and "Can I wake them up?" With which Maggie would answer "This is where all the people without homes live." OK, then at that point I started watching my back.
We topped the day off with a BEE'S game. Fun. Until Rachel chucked a Churro at the old lady a couple rows in front of us. Why did I think taking an 18-month-old to a game was a good idea?
This was the fly over at the game. So cool. My camera skills may not be as cool, but I am trying!
6 comments:
I liked the hole day. The AirForce Jets where the coolest. The bigone was a KC-10 ArilTanker,The small
ones where F-16 Fighter Jets.
Cool jets and pictures of the kids. The baseball game is what looks fun to me.
Wow Sarah, it looks to me like you've got another Adam on your hands. lol. Luke I love that you and Adam like a lot of the same things.
What an amazing day you gave your kids. That's really cool, Sarah. And I'm glad to know what those planes were doing over our houses...it was cool, but a bit freaky.
Cool. Your pics are great. I wish I would have watched for the fly over.
Thanks for the 411 Luke:)
so cool!
Post a Comment