Sunday, June 14, 2009

R&R Cabin Style

She loved the cabin so much she learned a new word--"outside."

What a great weekend. We went to our cabin up above Oakley. So gorgeous. It was raining most of the time, but I love the sound of pounding rain on the thin cabin roof and the thunder echoing off the mountains.

Steve and Max getting some R & R.

We have been debating if Steve should take Peter on the upcoming Fathers and Kids camp out. So this weekend was a trial run for the kid. HE FLUNKED! If you are a regular to my blog, you know Peter likes to run away. Thus our dilemma with taking him camping.
He took off running up the mountain. By the time I took Rachel back to Steve, the kid had a huge head start. He was like Forest Gump; he just kept running and running. "Stop Peter, don't run through that........(splash, splash, splash)........puddle!" So on June 26th I will be home with two of my kids, while the other mothers in the neighborhood are enjoying the solitude of no children.

Does this kid just scream trouble?

The highlight of the trip was the magnificent rainbow we saw on an evening hike. Of course the batteries on my camera were dead--so no picture. I had never seen such a rainbow. "Describe this for me," I asked Steve. "It looks like a rainbow" he said. Gee, thanks. Maggie however had a better description: "It is like someone took paints and painted the dark sky with the bright colors."

Other highlights included Luke singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic non stop, Peter falling in a creek, finishing our HSM puzzle, and the kids cutting down a tree with a chainsaw. All limbs are still intact. The kids limbs, not the trees.


How do you like the ski googles, and
the karate kid head band?

9 comments:

Luke said...

What do you mean kroti kid hedband!
I am a nija.

Diane said...

Sorry Luke, you look like the Karate Kid! It sure looked like fun at the cabin. I can't wait to get up there soon.

Luke said...

I AM NOT I REPEAT NOT THE KROTI KID!!!!!!! GOT IT?

Stevo said...

Grab the tree branch from my hand young grasshopper.

j said...

Luke...You need to embrace the karate kid. He is much cooler than any of us could ever dream of being. Have you seen the movie. I have it if you want to watch it.

Adam's Family said...

Luke, you look more like Johnny Lawrence from the Karate Kid. Google that and you will see.

Luke said...

I AM NOT THE KARATE KID!!!!!! I am tird of saying that.

Diane said...

Luke - check out your e-mail (the yahoo one) You will see who the REAL Karate Kid is.

Luke said...

Now i relize what you where saying.