Saturday, June 6, 2009

Trail Running

This time of year I love to go trail running.  It pushes me a little harder and the views are spectacular.  I am very aware that their are possible "lurkers" in the bushes.  Man or beast.  Take your pick.  I am more concerned about man.  While running I stay very alert looking around constantly.  Hower, I think I have a new concern. 


My favorite area to run is known for rattlesnakes.  Crap.  Once I had to leap over one.  (It was not very large, but scary nonetheless.)  

So now I am perplexed.  Do I look side to side for Molester Matt hidding in the bushes.  Or do I look down for the venomous creature that will send me to the hospital?  Hmmm.  


4 comments:

Kerri said...

Just keep your head going in a circular motion to hit all possible threats.

I LOVE trail running. Let's go sometime. After I'm done with this Wasatch Back thingie and not training like crazy.

Adam's Family said...

Just worry about the rattlesnakes. Because have you ever really seen a molester in the bushes? And I wouldn't suggest jumping over a rattlesnake either. It can strike upward as easily as it can to the side.

Nicole said...

I hate them too. Scared to death and so is my husband yikes!

Luke said...

I agree with Adam, The can move ateany second, And pritty fast, Too.