Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dad


I have been feeling sorry for myself a lot lately. Things just are not going our family's way... at all. Items, mostly expensive electronics, are breaking. Household fixes are adding up. Medical bills, including immunizations that I was told would be covered and were not. Kids and mom with cavities, but basically without dental insurance.

I sometimes have a woe is me attitude, and complain to Steve. If we only had more money. Isn't that the fix to everything? I strongly believe money does not fix problems, only brings about more. More money earned generally means more money spent. However, like everyone I wish I had more money. Yes definitely a selfish attitude.

As I took this picture I saw a fathers love. I saw a selfless father. A father who loves his children. A father devoted to his family. How many times do I think about Steve's worries instead of my own. He has all of mine on top of his own. How stressful it must be to try and provide for a family of 6. As necessities become more expensive. People are getting bigger and space is getting smaller.

I must say he hides it well. But it must be taxing. I love the man I choose to marry. I love the kids we have brought into our home. How boring and sad would our life be without them.

1 comment:

Molly said...

my sentiments exactly. minus 3 of the kids:) cute post. steve seems like a great dad. our poor husbands... they DO have a lit to worry about. thanks for reminding me to appreciate adam more:)