Friday, October 2, 2009

Joys of Nature

We are spending the good part of the kids time off from school at the cabin. Lucky for us Steve gets it off too! Upon arrival and unpacking groceries I saw a very unwelcome sight. My loud squeel and never ending scream let everyone know something was not right. A DEAD MOUSE, in the kitchen. I hate mice, hate them even more when they are dead. Gross!

After "calming" down I remember that I had packed some Ambien. I never sleep well at the cabin. You know why....I am afraid of mice crawling all around me. Seriously.

I took the whole pill. Not the usual half a dose that was recommended. Steve told me to go to bed right away. I told him I needed to be really tired to fall asleep. A little while later, Steve is lunging for the computer that I am dropping, because my head is bobbing. He helped me to the room since my legs did not work (even stepped on the dog.) Then I said some very unlady-like things, and Steve figured it was the drugs talking and decided not to pursue..........

Yada, yada yada. Good thing I don't drink, I would have been knocked up more than 4 times.

Today was great. Peaceful. We were the only ones around for miles on this little adventure. Guess we were crazy. Crazy enough to see a bald eagle flying above a icy lake and snow capped mountains. Steve and I were in Heaven. Along with our whole fam. A little taste of eternity I guess.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Cool pictures! I love ambien stories. I think our whole family has one.