These running shoes have carried me many many miles. I actually have many pairs of running shoes and trade them often. But my poor feet have had it. The last two months I have been suffering from plantar fasciitis. Oh boy does it hurt. You could call me Forest Gump, or just plain stubborn. I just kept running through the pain. It was uncomfortable but not too bad. Then over night something very bad happened. I could not move my foot. Any slight twitch in any direction or motion would warrant a scream.
Heaven help me! I came close to heaven helping--my mom to the rescue. This lovely accessory was given to me along with some heavy duty pills. It was NOT fun wearing this to church! But after waking up today feeling a ton better, I am glad I humbled myself to wear it.
Today I woke up and could walk. All of a sudden my spirits have lifted. Just maybe I can do this.
So wish me luck. I am going to cross train and do small runs for the next week or so. Then hopefully, the stars will align and I will be running. How is that for optimistic?
5 comments:
You're good to even keep trying; I'd have given up at the first pinch of pain. I hope the stars do align for you. But don't hurt yourself even more!
By the way, I love your shoes-both pairs. Very cute.
Run the race through the pain and deal with the rehab after... oh, wait! Never mind that advice! I tried that and am still recovering a month and a half later! Here's some better advise: you only have one body but, there will always be another race. Where was that advice when I needed it? Gotta love the hind sight!
Oh, SARAH!!!! I'm so so sorry. This is terrible news. I am going to keep my fingers crossed for you. We're ending up not doing it. The training and the move was too much for David, so hopefully NEXT year. If you do get to do it, I'll be super jealous. And if you don't get to do it, I'll be super sad.
BUMMER! Um, OPTIMISTIC???? How 'bout CRAZY. I TOLD YOU on Friday at Kindermusic to not do it... so you can at least walk for the rest of your life. I mean... I am the queen of stubborn so I would probably do the same thing:) All, I am sayin' is that I am crossing my fingers for you, tough lady.
I wondered what happened when I saw you on Sunday but it was when you were on your way out....As a former sufferer of the same ailment I wish you luck. I had to wear the boot on a New Year's Eve cruise to Mexico...I was so stylin'!! :) (you looked great with the boot and the stilleto!)
Post a Comment